to Upload Your Paper
submit the paper to firstname.lastname@example.org
Submit the paper using the following link
IEEE plagiarism policy:
- ⇒Level One pertains to the uncredited verbatim copying of a full paper, or the verbatim copying of a major portion (> 50%), or verbatim copying within more than one paper by the same author(s)
- ⇒Level Two pertains to the uncredited verbatim copying of large portion (between 20-50%) or verbatim copying within more than one paper by the same author(s).
- ⇒Level Three pertains to the uncredited verbatim copying of individual elements (paragraph(s), sentence(s), illustration(s), etc.) resulting in a significant portion (up to 20%) within a paper.
- ⇒Level Four pertains to uncredited improper paraphrasing of pages or paragraphs.
- ⇒Level Five pertains to the credited verbatim copying of a major portion of a paper without clear delineation. (e.g., quotes or indents)
What if the review of a claim results in a decision that plagiarism did occur?
There are several possible Corrective Actions that are available. Depending on the level of misconduct, one or all may be applied:
- ⇒Notice of violation in Xplore
- ⇒Prohibition from publishing in IEEE or periodical
- ⇒Rejection and return of papers in review and queues
- ⇒Referral to the IEEE Ethics and Member Conduct Committee
- ⇒Repeat offenders subject to increased penalty
Publication volunteers who review a Level 1 or Level 2 case may also choose to recommend an author-education course in place of a prohibition from publishing. This option requires approval from the IEEE PSPB Chair.